A quick tour of the campus
Concourse & cafeteria. Click here for a video introducing our GT cafe.
Drama Studio. Click here for a video introducing drama in our school.
Reading Corner. Click here for a video introducing our Language policies.
Multimedia Studio. Click here for a video introducing multimedia in our school.
Visual & Creative Arts Studio. Click here for a video about Visual and creative arts.
Vision and Philosophy
Its our vision to develop children into leaders of the future who excel in Communication, Creativity, and Care both locally and globally by ensuring students gain mastery in the following domains: Multi-lingual abilities, Socio-Cultural Relationships, Cognitive Development, Emotional Intelligence, Performing and Visual Arts, and Kinesthetic Skills.
We are building the foundations of our children for the next 10 to 15 years. so we have to look ahead to equip them with knowledge and skills that are important for their learning in the future.
GOOD TIME acknowledges the role of English as the lingua franca of the modern world, and also recognizes the growing importance of achieving competency in written and spoken Chinese. Mathematics and Coding is also seen as a language for children to communicate with the AI (Artificial Intelligence) dominating world. Therefore, we have designed a unique curriculum in which pupils communicate and achieve proficient literacy skills in English, achieve similar communicative and literacy skills in Chinese (Putonghua), as well as mastering logical thinking and the basics of Maths and Coding. We also strive to facilitate a multi-cultural approach to engage with the changing world through incorporating blended learning techniques into our instruction.
Our curriculum also emphasize on the use of drama and other performing arts to encourage pupils to develop their creativity, expressiveness and self-confidence. Incorporating youtubers training is our pioneering and unique approach to facilitate learning. We believe that every child has the capacity to to present themselves in a creative and engaging way, and we seek to empower our pupils to consider a multitude of viewpoints.
All International Programs shall be taught by experienced Native English speaking early childhood teachers. We are also proud to have a team of local early childhood teachers who are fluently trilingual (English, Putonghua, Cantonese). Our teachers are positioned to give every child the most intimate care and love as they grow with us. We will also cater for each child’s cognitive, physical and emotional development and allow each child to discover their own learning curve.
GOOD TIME adopts the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) of the UK Curriculum, and enhances it to suit this fast changing world, paying specific attention to the concept of the Unique Child.
There are 3 prime areas of learning and development:
- COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
- PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
There are 4 Specific areas through which the prime areas are strengthened and applied. A child who stays in GOOD TIME for 4 year shall achieve the following aims of the specific areas when they graduate from K3:
- ENGLISH AND CHINESE LITERACY
- Write a book in English (a story created by the student or on any topic chosen by the students) of at least 200 words, with pictures and drawings. Parents could choose to publish the book.
- Present in English in front of cameras or any audience confidently.
- Each student will have a video profile showing the student’s progress over the 4 years.
- Discuss topics of his interests in English with peers or adults confidently with appropriate body language.
- Take the TRINITY YPC exam anytime.
- Speak in PTH.
- STEM & CODING
- Know how to code with Scratch Jr and Tello Edu App (drone simulator).
- Know the latest development in many areas of science and technology.
- Develop a passion to pursue STEM learning.
- Think creatively and logically to solve problems.
- Know all the mathematical skills needed for primary schools.
- DRAMA, MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS
- Have the experience of rehearsing and performing a 5 minutes musical drama.
- Have the experience to sing or rap or dance, either solo or in small groups, in front of cameras or an audience.
- Appreciate different performing arts.
- MULTIMEDIA AND VISUAL ARTS
- Know how to take pictures with digital cameras.
- Know how to take video clips and do simple video editing.
- Confidently choose different materials to create different effects
- Confidently discuss and present her/his artwork to others.
Presentations and Assessments
Good Time Chime (GTC) days are monthly presentations and/or performances by the students. These events are part of the learning processes which aim at building the confidence for every student. Parents will be invited to participate in such events. Besides being the audience, we would like parents to encourage every student to go on stage to perform.
Each student will have a video profile showing the student’s progress over the 4 years.
K2 and K3 students will attend interviews for international schools or local primary schools. Students are well prepared for these interviews by building confidence through our drama and performing arts curriculum and performing in front of an audience through our monthly GTC days. They would have lots of experience speaking in front of cameras through our music and multimedia curriculum. They could talk about the latest development of the world through our STEM curriculum. They would appreciate the beauties of life and enjoy living through our visual and creative arts curriculum and our Good Time café.
GOOD TIME conducts bi-annual formal assessments and reports in both January and July. The July assessment functions as the formal annual report and is meant to provide an accurate representation to parents of their child’s development in all developmental areas, including: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Literacy, and Mathematics.
Playgroups and Extra-Curricular Programmes
Playgroups are for children between the ages of 12 months to 24 months. This is the best preparation for children to adapt to the social and school environment.
DEIE offers extra-curricular programmes to cater for other developmental needs of our children. Below is a list of potential programmes in which your child may participate. Please contact the School to determine which programme may be right for your child.
|Little Actor (YPC Bronze, Silver, Gold)
3 – 6 years
|Little Actor (S&D, SCA) Grade initial – 1 – 8
6 years +
|Living Storybook Workshop
3 – 6 years
|Good Time Playgroup (Chinese 1 hour)
12 – 24 months
|Good Time Playgroup (English 1 hour)
12 – 24 months
|Good Time PN Transition Class
24 months +
|Good Time K1 Transition Class
24 months +
|Good Time Enhanced Chinese Class
3 – 6 years
Love our Neighbours Scholarships
The scholarships shall award children whose parents have made outstanding contributions in areas such as humanitarian aid, vulnerable groups, poverty alleviation for the local community and for the world.
Each awarded student will be entitled to at least 50% off of their school fees.
Parents of the awarded students shall be invited to introduce and promote their work to our students and our community to nurture our children to be leaders who have a global vision, are confident, independent, and would love their neighbours and the world.
- Applications for the new school year usually open from September 1.
- Application forms are available from the Shatin campus or can be downloaded from the web site: http://goodtimedeie.edu.hk. All forms in hard copies shall be submitted in person to the Shatin campus. An application fee of $40 shall be paid when the form is submitted.
- The schools also accept online applications. Parents may access the online application link on the web site: http://goodtimedeie.edu.hk fill in the online application form and pay the application fee online.
- Group and/or individual interviews for every applicant will normally be held from October.
- Parents will be informed by phone, whatsapp, wechat or email if their application is successful.
Programs and Hours
|International Stream||PN||Morning Session
Afternoon Session 13:15-16:15
|Monday – Friday
8:00 – 18:00
9:00 – 12:30
* Extended-hours service is provided for children ages 2 to 6.
- Playgroups (from 12 months to 2 years old)
- Classes available Monday to Saturday every week
- Pre-Nursery (2 – 3 years old)
- K1 (3 – 4 years old)
- K2 (4 – 5 years old)
- K3 (5 – 6 years old)
School bus service is available.
DEIE is closed for all government-listed public holidays and school holidays as well as the Christmas, Chinese New Year and Easter holiday seasons. Please see the School Calendar for a detailed description of all school holidays.
At each session, DEIE provides snacks for children. Please notify the school of any food allergies or intolerances your child may have.
Parent engagement is highly encouraged at DEIE. We have 4 Parents’ Day during 1 school year. Parents who wish to actively engage in school activities are given plenty of opportunity to do so. Parents can join our special events, and other various activities. Parents who desire to meet with the Head of School may make an appointment at any time to discuss their child’s progress or ways to contribute to the life of the school.
Daily and weekly communication between parents and teachers is facilitated by phone, Whatsapp before/after school, Each student will be issued with a Handbook during the term, This book serves as one of communication channels between parents and teachers/school as well as a record of your child’s behavior in school. We ask that this book be maintained in good condition during the term. Handbooks will be dispatched to the children every Friday and they will be collected on the following Monday. Should a holiday or birthday party fall on Friday, handbooks will be dispatched on Thursday.
Student Handbooks and Weekly reports will be handed to parents every week. Parents will be informed of what their children have learned in that week.
There will be birthday celebrations and special events held alternatively every month. Parents are encouraged to attend and participate if they so choose. DEIE will hold annual Halloween, Christmas, Chinese New Year and Easter celebrations as well. In addition, the Graduation Ceremony will highlight the efforts pupils have made in preparing dramas, musicals, dances and other performing arts for some of the students.
Debentures & Nomination Rights
There will be plans to issue debentures to improve the conditions of the Shatin campus. Details will be announced in due course. Debenture holders will be granted nomination rights for students for every school year.
Nomination Right Certificates are available for VIPs of the schools or for corporations that would like a place in our schools for their senior or expatriate employees. A Nomination Right Certificate entitles the holder to nominate one child per year to attend interviews with first priority. Interested parties may contact the Head of School for details of the Nomination Rights.